- DV offers better image quality. The
images are sharper and the color is richer and more accurate. At least
twice as good as VHS and competitive with broadcast quality video.
- DV cameras are smaller than other
formats, with some even fitting into a shirt pocket.
- Copies of digital videos, and copies
of copies, are as sharp as the original.
- Digital videos are easy to transfer to
the computer and are already in the required digital format. Once on
the computer, they are easy to edit, and you can even e-mail clips or
post them on a Web site. You can even distribute longer videos on CD
and DVD discs.
- Since all of video will eventually be
digital, why not start now.
- Digital videos have audio thatís CD
- Digital video uses component color
sampling to retain three times as much color information as analog VHS
and S-VHS video. The net result is brighter and truer colors.
- Time Base Correction stabilizes the
picture, virtually eliminating video jitters.
- Error Correction fills in missing
video data, providing seamless, professional-looking video.